Saturday, June 10, 2006



Wall Of Memories was unveiled today at Mount Lawn Cemetary in Whitby. My mom did something very special for my brother and I. My dad is burried in the united states and we were not able to attend the burrial so neither one of us have ever been able to make the trip to his grave. My mom had his name put on the wall of memories so that we could have something to go and visit if we wanted to. It still does not feel the same to me and I do want to go to his grave but I will admit the gesture my mom made in doing this was just plain and simply beautiful. My dad's name was William (in case you can't see it there) lol. The ceremony was nice and they released a bunch of white doves when they unveiled the 2 mwmorials....kinda reminded me of touched by an angel lol. Anyway that was about the most excitement I have had since I went to the zoo last monday. This was far more special to me.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I was supposed to go to that unveiling yesterday too. My aunt had my mom's name, her husband's name and my grandfather's name put on the wall of memories...but I never made it. It was feeding time for the kids, and to be honest I'm not a cemetery visiting type of person anyway. Neither was my mom. Doesn't mean I don't miss her just as much as my other family members who do on occasion visit the cemtery. I just choose to remember her in different ways.

And, you have your way of remembering your father. It's hard losing a parent...

Paul said...

That is awesome that your mom did that for you guys...